Sunday, May 15, 2005

IGN Battlefield 2 Hands On

"Right now, I'm in love with DICE" - Dan Adams, IGN

IGN recently got to play BF2 and has written a short but good preview here and created 25 new videos of it.
Still, the base feel is certainly different than it was in 1942. Weapons seem much more true to life in their dispersal patterns (in fact the guys say they spent a lot of time making sure automatic fire really made it harder to hit distant targets) and simply feel good when they're fired. Each of the weapons I had the chance to use was a unique fighting experience and I'm sure players will have favorites in no time at all

I also had the immense pleasure of playing BF2 on a playtest at work last friday. Hadn't really played it before, especially not in a real playtest with full servers, and I must say that it was the most fun I've had in a game for a long while. The game was very polished, ran fast and well balanced. I'm definitely looking forward to more playtests and the actual release. Good work by our team :)

No comments: